Wednesday 17 August 2016

Baby shopping

Last weekend we finally bit the bullet. We went to The Baby Barn just outside Rugby at the recommendation of a friend. My immediate feeling was of being completely overwhelmed. We walked in and all we could see was buggy's and car seats. What I thought I was after was a travel system - I liked the idea of clicking the baby in and out of the car, into the buggy and off. What I went on to find out was that there are strict recommendations about how long the baby should be in a car seat for and that travel systems have a fairly short period of use. 

Having discovered the above I changed my mind and instead we focussed on getting items that would last. After some debate we decided to get a car seat each and went for the new, top of the range, recaro car seat, which can keep baby rear facing until 4 years of age and and has been highly safety tested. 

The buggy was more complicated. It transpired that no buggy will fit in the boot of my Yaris. We ended up looking at a mamas and papas buggy and an oyster one. In the end we opted for the oyster, which again can last from birth until 3 years and got some accessories for it. 

£1200 later we left, still needing to get a cot/ Moses basket and changing table. 

Shop on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment